In 1879, Giacomo Peirano arrived in San Francisco from Genoa, Italy. In the early 1880’s, he moved to what is now Lodi and began planting and farming one of the first vineyards in what has become the heart of the Lodi Appellation. Over the ensuing decades, he firmly established the Peirano name in this region, and in doing so, he helped to pioneer the heritage of grape growing and wine making in the Lodi appellation. The original 300 acre estate is still the center of our grape growing operations and includes perhaps the largest single block of old, head-trained, natural rooted Zinfandel remaining in California. Five generations later, the Peirano family tradition still carries on, but with a renewed dedication towards producing the highest quality level of award winning wines. Visit their Tasting Room! Contact for hours.